My School is My Home now
"My School is Now My Home" targets children in the EU28 who are unable to receive inclusive education in a mainstream school due to medical status and/or disability, and who require special home education programs or (for younger children) home visits. An estimated 6% of children in the EU28 are developmentally at risk, and therefore at risk for preschool or school-based education. Especially for TR - due to the new legal requirements of 12 years of compulsory education - there is a great need for training and support material for both the teachers involved and the parents. Also, in other EU countries - despite the high theoretical consensus on the involvement of parents as "expert partners" in educational processes - full participation is still a challenge, as professionals sometimes lack the necessary skills (e.g. how to involve parents in individual family support plans in preschool education). "My school is my home now" focuses on the transfer of existing knowledge and skills within EU networks (Eurlyaid and Parents Association BOSK), specifically on the needs of TR school administrators, teachers, and parents.
Target group(s): Target group(s) Parents of children with disability or comparable significant health status which might inhibit regular school attendance. Teachers/educators working in home visiting systems or home-schooling systems.
Website or other online channels: http://www.evdeegitim.eu
In this project, it is aimed to create a training methodology for teachers. For this purpose, researches were carried out in line with the needs of students with disabilities and teachers. As a result of these researches, a certain methodological infrastructure was created and different intellectual outputs were produced.
Type of product
Paper-based material Online resource Course / Training
Brief description of the outcomes
1) Portal/homepage (available in TR, EN, DE, NL) has been created containing information about objectives, activities and final results of the project, distance learning software, about the role of digital technology in optimizing the communication possibilities and in facilitating the educational integration of disabled students.
2) Ready for use, web based and/or distance education kit (TR, EN, DE) has been created containing general information about the opportunities that digital technology offers in facilitating the communication, social support, and education integration of disability/diseased students. The software is used visual and live processing: adapted text, pictures, strategies, and the principles of distance education.
3) Research findings concerning the needs of families having home-schooled children TR has been conducted. EU: Of families having students who need special education.
4) Psychosocial support education materials for families (TR, EN, DE, NL): Content prepared to support the family.
This content covers disability, trauma and trauma coping processes, communication methods, etc. legal rights of people with disabilities.
5) Teacher Training Set (TR, EN, DE, NL): Training guides/ curriculum for the career development of the teacher who gives education to the disabled or chronically ill students and supports family of the disabled students has been prepared.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
“My School is my home now” increases the competences of teachers in cooperation with parents and children and leads to higher educational output for the children. Awareness of the opportunities that digital technology offers as answer to their specific needs. The approaches applied in this project will constitute examples of good practice and will be taken over by other institutions who work with children with special needs. Awareness of companies that produce digital technology on the disabled students’ particular needs. Awareness of Public Institutions on the disabled students’ particular needs. Awareness of the families who have disabled children on the disabled students’ particular needs.
Promoter of the initiative: Altindag Ilce Milli Egitim Mudurlugu
Languages available: English Turkish
Website or other online channels: Website https://altindag.meb.gov.tr