In all the European countries, stakeholders of the long-term care sector have developed educational solutions for training caregivers on knowledge, skills and competences about symptoms and performance in activities of daily living with people with dementia.
AppForDem project is aimed at creating a set of open educational and multilingual resources about symptoms and interventions for care staff of people with dementia.
- To define a methodological framework, based on a training curriculum about “Symptoms and interventions for people with dementia” at EQF level 4.
- To develop a set of contents and materials on symptoms and interventions for people with dementia.
- To create and test a multilingual educational APP and a multilingual e-learning course about dementia.
- To propose the decision makers in the field of education the implementation of these resources in vocational training programs at national level.
Year(s): From 01/10/2019 to 28/02/2022
Target group(s): Caregivers, basic care staff, nurses, and professionals in the long-term care services •Trainers and teachers in care educations •Students at care educations •Decision makers
Website or other online channels: http://www.appfordemen.eu/
The project was developed accordingly to the following phases:
Phase 1: Methodological framework for the educational app on dementia.
Phase 2: Development of content for the educational app on dementia.
Phase 3: Testing a pilot educational app for care staff of people with dementia.
Phase 4: Testing a pilot e-learning course on symptoms of dementia in the care sector.
Type of product
Paper-based material Online resource Video clips / Films Course / Training Mobile application
Brief description of the outcomes
• A proposal for an international training CV about “Symptoms and interventions people with dementia”.
• Learning content for caregiver of people with dementia.
• Educational app available for free in GooglePlayStore (Android) and/or AppleStore (iOS).
• E-learning course available in https://edformacion.org.
All materials are freely accessible and can be used under Creative Commons license.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
The results are aimed at creating a set of open educational and multilingual resources on dementia, with the purpose of implementing these resources in the national VET programmes for apprentices and professional caregivers in long-term care services. In addition, the Professional of reference will develop his/her tasks according to the national / regional social policies. So the impact on all target groups is very high.
The transferability of the practice is high due that it is based on the collaboration of four European organisations from Spain, Denmark, Romania and Italy, in the framework of the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union.
Promoter of the initiative: Asociación Edad Dorada Mensajeros de la Paz C-LM y Galicia
Country: Denmark Italy Romania Spain
Languages available: Danish Italian Romanian Spanish
Website or other online channels: https://edaddoradaclm.es/