The New-Care project aims to develop specific training materials for the emerging figure of the PROFESSIONAL OF REFERENCE IN LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE CPCC MODEL”, as a key figure in the shift towards a new management model aimed at ensuring the dignity and well-being in residences for the elderly (Comprehensive Person-Centred Care Model – CPCC) through preventing dependency and providing the elderly residents with an independent lifestyle.
- To define an international training curriculum for the New Professional profile.
- To design educational contents and training materials for the CPCC model for initial and permanent training.
- To develop Educational Contents and training materials about: “How to use open educational resources in the application of the CPCC model? It will be addressed to teachers/trainers of this sector.
- To carry out a multilingual educational kit, compatible with mobile devices, for the new professional profile.
- To test all educational resources through a pilot e-learning course in each participant country.
Year(s): From 10/01/2017 to 09/30/2019
Target group(s): VET Teachers and trainers, students, professionals and workers of the long term care sector
Website or other online channels: https://www.newcareproject.eu/
The project was developed accordingly to the following phases:
Phase 1: Identification of an educational curriculum based on competences and learning outcomes for the application of the CPCC model.
Phase 2: Definition of educational contents and educational resources for the development of the CPCC model.
Phase 3: Development of an educational toolkit.
Type of product
Paper-based material Online resource Video clips / Films Course / Training Mobile application
Brief description of the outcomes
• International training curriculum for the PROFESSIONAL OF REFERENCE, whose activity will facilitate the implementation of the CPCC model in this sector. The new curriculum will be considered at levels: ISCED 5 and EQF 5.
• Educational contents and training materials for the CPCC model, which will be adapted to e-learning platforms.
• Educational contents and materials addressed to the teacher/trainer on how to use open educational resources in the application of the CPCC model.
• Multilingual educational kit, compatible with mobile devices, for the new professional profile.
• Testing of all educational resources through a pilot e-learning course in each participant country.
All materials are freely accessible and can be used under Creative Commons license.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
The results are aimed at improving the employability of workers in this sector due to new trends in aging; and to propose a new training curriculum for the implementation of the new CCCP model in nursing homes. In addition, the Professional of reference will develop his/her tasks according to the national / regional social policies. So the impact on all target groups is very high.
The transferability of the practice is high due that it is based on the collaboration of five European organisations from Spain, Denmark, Bulgaria, Romania and Italy, in the framework of the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union.
Promoter of the initiative: Asociación Edad Dorada Mensajeros de la Paz C-LM y Galicia
Country: Bulgaria Denmark Italy Romania Spain
Languages available: Bulgarian Danish Italian Romanian Spanish
Website or other online channels: https://edaddoradaclm.es/