Charter of Common Refugee Strategies
It aimed to conduct study on the current overall situation of refugees in partner countries in terms of citizenship, housing, healthcare, education, employment and social harmony. Following scientific research methods, this analysis report was developed in two dimensions (refugees and professionals). Two different data (current situation and needs) was collected from refugees and professionals, respectively.
Year(s): 2018 and 2021
Target group(s): Refugees
Website or other online channels: http://www.erdogan.edu.tr/en/
Qualitative research method was used to reveal the current situation and determine the needs of migrants and refugees. The study was carried out in six different countries: Turkey, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Spain, Greece and Italy.
Hacettepe University (HU) carried out pilot-interviews with 10 refugees and 10 professionals in order to design semi-structured questionnaire forms. Through using qualitative research methods, HU interviewed 20 participants for at least 30 minutes each. After development of the questionnaire forms, all partners conducted in-depth interviews with five (5) refugees and five (5) professionals. Each interview lasted between 40-60 minutes. Each form consisted of two (2) parts: in the first part participants were asked for demographic information and in the second part they were asked other issues related to the project. Each interview with each person lasted at least an hour. As a result, 132 people participated in data collection.
Type of product
Paper-based material Online resource Video clips / Films Course / Training
Brief description of the outcomes
The analysis contained two different pieces of information. The current situation of refugees across Europe was important in assessing the refugee crisis and its burden on the local governments. It also included information about problems professionals were facing currently. On the other hand, the report contains information about the needs of both the refugees and the professionals in order to best address this common problem.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
- Improved learning opportunities tailored to the needs of refugees on harmonizing into the host country.
- Improved competences and skills of adult educators on migration issues.
- Improved capacities of partner institutions on migration issues and dealing with newly arrived people (refugees) as a result of international team work.
- Improved awareness among associated partners which will also contribute greatly to the dissemination and sustainability of the project.
- Improved knowledge about the rights of citizenship and the possibilities of acquiring citizenship.
- Improved communication between hosting society and refugees.
- Improved awareness of officials, authorities and organizations working with refugees in terms of providing improved services.
Promoter of the initiative: Recep Tayyip Erdogan University
Languages available: Bulgarian Czech English Greek Italian Spanish Turkish
Website or other online channels: www.coresproject.net