“Nonno a chi? diversamente giovane” | “Grandpa to whom? Differently young"
The objectives that the project intended to pursue in favor of citizens "over 65" (project recipients) were:
- Stimulating socialization activities;
- Promoting activities related to psycho-physical well-being;
- Identifying pathways for health promotion and disease prevention.
Target group(s): Elderly people (over 65-year-old)
Website or other online channels: https://www.coophelp.org/index.php/anziani/
The project was structured around these actions:
• Socialization activities, aimed at reducing the digital divide in the over 65s.
• Activities related to psycho-physical well-being:
1) Psychological listening desk available to the elderly, to welcome, listen and support.
2) Gentle / educational gymnastics lessons, designed to bring elderly people or people with orthopedic problems who cannot perform traditional sports closer to physical activity.
3) Dance lessons, through the basic teaching of Latin American and Caribbean dances.
4) Painting lessons with real life, consisting of a brief technical-historical and artistic presentation of the painting that the teacher creates live within the lesson. Subsequently, the students create their own painting under the guidance of the teacher.
• Health promotion and disease prevention programs, through a specialist meeting on "Main visual disturbances in the elderly, prevention and treatment" conducted by an ophthalmologist.
Type of product
Brief description of the outcomes
The project has delivered the following activities:
• WEB training, for a total of 42 hours.
• Psychological Listening Desk, for a total of 18 hours.
• Painting lessons with real life, for a total of 33 hours.
• Gentle / educational gymnastics lessons, for a total of 25 hours.
• Dance lessons, for a total of 13 hours.
• Lecture on "Main visual disturbances in the elderly, prevention and treatment", for a total of 2 hours.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
Overall, the recreational activities, for a total of 130 hours, were carried out over the course of 52 days.
The overall turnout of seniors (over 65) in recreational-related activities was positive, recording 637 attendances.
The turnout presented an incremental trend, since the interest of the elderly in the activities proposed in the initial phase was moderate, and then subsequently increased and spread throughout the area. This was a clear sign of great appreciation among the beneficiaries.
In our opinion, it is important to underline the high degree of satisfaction shown by users:
- Increased requests for participation in activities.
- Greater turnout of elderly people of both sexes.
- Explicit request by the participants to carry out new recreational projects.
- After the conclusion of the project, many participants decided to undergo examinations from independent ophthalmologists.
Promoter of the initiative: Handicap Educazione Lavoro Partecipazione, Cooperativa Sociale Srl, ONLUS
Languages available: Italian
Website or other online channels: https://www.coophelp.org/