INTERCULTURAL COURSE FOR TEACHERS AND TRAINERS
Nebrija University is a private, secular and independent Spanish university, based in the city of Madrid and with other campuses in the Community of Madrid. This educational institution, founded in 1995, welcomes more than 12.000 students of 56 different nationalities.
The Intercultural course for teachers and trainers is carried out within the permanent training plan for the teaching staff of the Nebrija University.
The RAE defines interculturality as an intercultural quality, that is, it concerns the relationship between cultures. For this reason, it can be affirmed that interculturality is the interaction between cultures as a process of communication between people with different customs. In this case, no cultural group is above the other, but rather promotes equality, integration and coexistence between the groups.
The Intercultural Course for Teachers and Trainers prepares to raise awareness and promote inclusive education in the classroom. The purpose of this course is to learn to teach interculturality in the classroom.
The course offers a degree accredited by the Nebrija University with 4 ECTS University Credits and 110 hours of training.
The objectives of the training course are the following:
- To conceptualize multiculturalism, interculturality and culture
- To promote inclusive education
- To know the guidelines to work interculturality in the classroom of children, primary, secondary and adult education
- To transmit the importance of intercultural teacher training
- To convince of the need for the participation of the family and the socio-educational community in the development of intercultural coexistence
Target group(s): The Intercultural Course for Teachers and Trainers is aimed at all those education professionals such as teachers, pedagogues, psychologists, psychopedagogues, mediators or anyone interested in strengthening interculturality in the classroom
Website or other online channels: https://www.rededuca.net/Inteculturalidad-Maestros-Profesores
The methodology of the course is 100% online. It is taught entirely through an elearning platform.
Once the person is registered, he/she will receive all the didactic materials included in the course to be able to consult them at any time and keep them once the course is finished.
The learning methodology is based on progressing along the learning itinerary marked in the Virtual Campus, made up of a series of topics and exercises.
At the end of each didactic unit the students have a series of self-evaluations, in addition to a final exam that covers the entire subject and that must be completed on a mandatory basis.
Among the material delivered in this course, there is a document called the “Student Guide” where it is possible to find more detailed information about the Online Campus, the methodology and e-learning evaluation system.
The University Certification will be sent to the student by mail once the expected level of satisfaction has been verified.
Type of product
Online resource Video clips / Films Course / Training
Brief description of the outcomes
The contents and competences of the training course are the following:
1. IMMIGRATION AND EDUCATION
2. INTRODUCTION TO INTERCULTURALITY
3. ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION. INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
4. LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK AND EDUCATIONAL POLICIES IN RELATION TO INTERCULTURALITY
5. INTERCULTURALITY IN THE CHILDREN'S EDUCATION CLASSROOM
6. INTERCULTURALITY IN THE PRIMARY EDUCATION CLASSROOM
7. INTERCULTURALITY IN THE SECONDARY EDUCATION CLASSROOM
8. ATTITUDES, VALUES AND SKILLS TO PROMOTE IN STUDENTS FOR INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION
9. TRAINING OF TEACHERS TO INTERVENE IN INTERCULTURAL ENVIRONMENTS
10. PARTICIPATION OF FAMILIES AND THE SOCIO-EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF INTERCULTURAL COEXISTENCE
The degree obtained is the following:
University Degree in Interculturality for Teachers and Trainers, with 4 ECTS University Credits. Course scoring as merits for access to the teaching public function in all CC. AA. according to R.D. 276/2007 of February 23 (BOE 2/3/2007)
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
The impact on teachers and trainers is very highbecause the training course makes it easier to be the ideal candidate in educational centers, social services, educational guidance, social cabinets, educational workshops, equality bodies, etc.
The transferability of the practice is possible taking into account that it is within the reach of any University whose objective is the comprehensive training in capacities, competencies and skills of all its students. These are key principles to achieve the development of individual talent and the best opportunities for professional integration.
Promoter of the initiative: UNIVERSIDAD NEBRIJA
Languages available: Spanish
Website or other online channels: https://www.nebrija.com/